You must have heard about Bhakti and Sufi movement somewhere in your life, only then you have come here to get information about Bhakti and Sufi movement. Hello friends, through today’s post, I am going to give you all the information about the Bhakti and Sufi movement and hope that you will also like the information given by me.
History of Bhakti and Sufi Movement
Following are some important things about Bhakti and Sufi movement and you should read all these things carefully because many times you are asked about Bhakti and Sufi movement.
* Bhakti and Sufi Movement” In the medieval period, the Bhakti movement was first started by the Alvar saints of the South.
* Ramanand is credited with starting the Bhakti movement in North India.
* Ramanand was born in Prayag (Allahabad). He popularized the devotion of Rama as an incarnation of Vishnu.
* Kabir emphasized on Hindu Muslim unity. His works are collected in ‘Bijak’. He was the main poet of the Nirguna Bhakti stream.
* Guru Nanak was born in Nankana Sahib (Talwandi). He stressed on Hindu Muslim unity.
* Chaitanya was the originator of the Bhakti movement in Bengal. He gave birth to the practice of sankirtana.
* Surdas belonged to Krishna Bhakti tradition. He popularized the ideal love of Radha-Krishna with his treatise ‘Surasagar’.
* Saint Narsingh Mehta of Gujarat was related to Radha-Krishna Bhakti.
Four schools of thought were established by Vaishnava saints in the south in opposition to the Advaita philosophy of Shankaracharya, which are as follows.
|Rudra Sampradaya||Vishnuswamy||Pure demonism|
* The organization of the Sufis was called ‘Silsila’. Those who took discipleship from Sufi saints were called ‘Murid’.
* The founder of the Chishti sect was Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti. His tomb is located in Ajmer.
* Some of Baba Farid’s compositions are included in ‘Guru Granth Sahib’. Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya saw the rule of seven sultans of Delhi during his lifetime. Nizamuddin Auliya had said these words to Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq, ‘Delhi is far away now.
* The Sattari silsila was founded by Sheikh Abdullah Sattari. its main
* The center was Bihar. The founder of the Roshaniya sect was Bayajid Ansari.
Firdausi, a branch of the Suhrawardi tradition, developed in eastern India, especially in Bihar, whose important saint was Sharfuddin Yahya Maneri.
Through this post, I have told you about the History of Bhakti and Sufi Movement, if you like the information given by Murray, then share this post with your friends also. Thank you